Backup log reports "Backup failed - Backup process could not start because the Acronis registry key is missing".
The Acronis client has been uninstalled or the installation is corrupt.
Schedule a new installation of the Kaseya Backup client using the Backup > Configure > Install/Removefunction. This will install or repair the Acronis client. If the new installation is successfully verified, test the backup again.
If the new installation fails, please refer to KKB000818 for further troubleshooting steps.
If the backup still fails with the same error after a new installation, please submit the following information to Kaseya support: -
1) run regedit and export the Acronis registry key to a file: -
- navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis
- right-click on "BackupAndRecovery" key and click "export"
- save as .reg file
2) Acronis install log (<AgentWorkingDirectory>\backupInstallLog.txt)
3) Acronis Info tool report (see KKB000732 for instructions)
Kaseya VSA, KBU, BUDR, Kaseya Backup, Acronis