Acronis installer may have failed to download to agent
The Acronis installation may have failed
The installation could not be verified due to Acronis disk driver issue
There may have been an error in the Kaseya agent procedures which manage the installation process
To isolate the exact cause and find a solution, complete the following troubleshooting steps: -
1) attempt to verify again using Backup > Install/Remove > Verify button (in some cases the initial verification, which follows reboot, fails because not all the Acronis services have started yet)
2) review the Agent Procedure log from the installation attempt. The sequence of procedures should be similar to the below screenshot. Check if any of the procedures have failed and review any error messages
3) If the procedures appear to have completed without any problems, the next step is to review the Acronis log files. The installation includes 4 Acronis modules, and the logs created in the agent working directory (c:\kworking by default).
MSI (s) (7C:20) [13:11:54:247]: Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.5 Agent Core. Product Version: 11.5.37977. Product Language: 1033. Installation success or error status: 0.
=== Logging stopped: 31/01/2014 13:11:54 ===
If the install logs appear to show a successful installation, it is possible that Acronis installation completed successfully but Kaseya was unable to verify the install. In this case, proceed to step 7.
Search the log file top-down for the first instance of the string “return value 3” (please note, the string may appear several times in the log). If you do not find “return value 3”, search again for “rollback”. Review the preceding 10-20 rows of the log before “return value 3” or “rollback”, as described in this Acronis KB article - http://kb.acronis.com/content/1647
5) Review the “Solution” section of the Acronis article and look for an example that matches the data in your log
6) If you find an example in the article which closely matches the data found in the log, gather the requested diagnostic data or follow the recommended solution and attempt the installation again
7) open services.msc and check that "Acronis Managed Machine service" is running. If not, try to start it and capture any on-screen error message.
If it fails to start due to logon failure, refer to this article - https://kaseya.zendesk.com/entries/33172088
8) run the following command from Windows command shell: -
acrocmd list disks
Capture the output (it should display a list of disks and partitions in the system).
9) ensure that Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 is installed. If not, install it and then try to "verify" the installation again from Install/Remove page.
10) gather the following logs from the Kaseya Agent installation directory (usually something like C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaseya\KSAASC18937046962040): -
If unable to find a solution after performing the above steps, please create a support ticket and include the following information: -
screenshot of the Backup > Install/Remove page showing the installation status
screenshot showing agent procedure log from the time the install was started to the time it failed (or the current time if it is still pending)
Acronis installation logs referenced in step 3 above