When installing Backup client (Acronis) to an agent: -
- Backup > Install/Remove page prompts to reboot the agent
- after reboot, status changes to "verify failed"
- agent procedure log has the error shown below
12:47:49 pm 15-Dec-14 Finish Backup Installation *System* Script Summary: Failed THEN in step 4
12:47:49 pm 15-Dec-14 Finish Backup Installation *System* FAILED in processing THEN step 4, Write File, with error Invalid Parameter, Source = C:\Kaseya\WebPages\ManagedFiles\VSAHiddenFiles\BUDR\AcronisAgentCore.msi, Destination = c:\kworking2\AcronisAgentCore.msi
- The problem has been documented.
A patch has been released for VSA R9, and is planned for R8.
A fix is included in patch release 22.214.171.124: -
Fixed an issue that caused the installation of the Backup client to an endpoint to fail. (IP-520/EDGE-312)
A fix is included in patch release 126.96.36.199: -
Fixed an issue that caused the installation of the Backup client on endpoints to fail. (IP-557/EDGE-312)
Server must be updated to R8 or R9.
This workaround can be used to deploy Backup client to affected agents: -
1) on the Kaseya server, create a folder called "BUDR" under C:\Kaseya\WebPages\ManagedFiles\VSASharedFiles
2) copy these files to the new folder from C:\Kaseya\WebPages\ManagedFiles\VSAHiddenFiles\BUDR
3) in VSA, go to Agent Procedures > Schedule/Create, select a folder and click the "Import Folder/Procedure" button
4) select the Procedure Deploy backup client.xml file attached below
5) schedule the imported procedure on the affected agent(s) - it will download the required files using a different mechanism to the built-in procedure, and run the install commands
6) when the custom procedure finishes, reboot the agent machine, then go to Backup > Install/Remove page and use "verify install" button to bring it under management
Kaseya VSA - v7.0, R8