Backup fails - "Backup process was interrupted and did not complete"
The error may be caused by either of the following: -
- the backup process was killed by a user or another application
- Kaseya monitor set failed due to WMI error (in this case the backup is falsely reported as "failed" when it is actually still running)
Use the following steps to troubleshoot the issue: -
1) check if kaseyabackupcmd.exe process is running on the Backup agent machine
2) capture the Acronis log from the Kaseya agent working directory (by default, c:\kworking): -
- volBackupLog.XML for volume backups
- folderBackupLog.XML for folder backups
3) open the XML file using a text editor (e.g. notepad++) - scroll to the bottom and check the progress.
Depending, on the process status and log content, proceed as follows: -
The process is not running and log appears to be incomplete (does not show completion status)
A user or another program killed the backup before it had completed.
The process is still running, or the log shows that it completed (whether successful or failed)
Continue troubleshooting using these addtional steps: -
4) open the Kaseya Agent service log, which can be found in the agent installation directory (by default, C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaseya\<serverID>\agentmon.log)
5) look for an error like this at the time that Kaseya reported the backup as failed: -
2015/02/16 03:03:31.143 : Failed to connect to WMI server with error 0x8004100e.
2015/02/16 03:03:34.462 [4b90]: Remove monitor set: \KPROC$1.xml: Process ID=1, ProcessName=KaseyaBackupCmd.exe, AlarmOp=2, AlarmThreshold=0, AlarmDuration=0, Rearm=0
6) if error refers to WMI (a Windows component), address the problem to Microsoft support team or reinstall the operating system
- in some cases, rebuilding WMI repository will resolve such errors
WMI error 0x80041013 causes monitoring of backups to fail
Kaseya VSA (Backup module) - all versions