I am unable to discover interface status metrics that are 'down' even though I see the interfaces listed in my snmpwalk.
By default, our interface signature will only present interface metrics if the interface is reporting as administratively up (ifAdminStatus = '1') and operationally up (ifOperStatus = '1').
- Download the custom signature attached to this KB
- Place the signature on the BVE server under <TRAVERSE_HOME>/plugin/monitors
- Log into the web UI as 'superuser' or admin level user
- Navigate to the SUPERUSER > HEALTH page
- Left-click on the gear icon (under the Action column) for the BVE server
- Repeat step 5 for all other server entries
The signature will allow discovery of all interfaces in the following states:
administratively down and operationally down
administratively up and operationally down
- administratively down and operationally up
All version of Traverse