Problem: When I'm trying to register a device, it gives me an error suggesting the device has already been registered.
Cause: If in past, you had installed Kaseya EMM apps using an invitation received from a Kaseya Server, the device would be registered with that KServer instead. Now, if a manual uninstall is done and a new registration is attempted, you will see such error message.
Solution: The correct way to remove and register a device is as follows:
- In your VSA, please browse to Mobility > Devices
- Click on All Devices category and look for the device in question
- Select your device and choose Delete from Device drop-down as shown in below screenshot:
- You can then manually uninstall the Kaseya apps from the device.
- Send a new invitation from new Kaseya Server or existing one to re-register.
- Download the Kaseya MobileManage app or WorkDocs/WorkBrowser apps and register using the new activation code from the new KServer.
Applies to: EMM.