What is the process for Installing / Upgrading to R9.2?
Below you will find documentation for the R9.2 release as well as a pre-install and post-install checklist.
- When upgrading from versions earlier than R9 to R9.2 Mobile Device Management (MDM) is removed and Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) is added. Migration of data from Mobile Device Management to Enterprise Mobility Management is not supported. If you are using MDM, you will need to add/invite new users and they will need to install new apps on their mobile devices.
- Java 8 has known issues and is not supported. Please ensure the system is running Java 7 Update 51 to Java 7 Update 71.
- Windows Server 2003 and SQL 2005 and below are not supported to host your VSA server.
- Using SSL (HTTPS) to secure web-based traffic is recommended. To use SSL, the new Kaseya Application Firewall introduced in 7.0 needs an SSL Certificate. Please click here to learn more about configuration.
- If you are currently using SSL, and are upgrading from version 6.5 or earlier, you must import your existing certificate into the new Kaseya Application Firewall. Click here to see how...
- The R9.2 Install will automatically configure IIS to listen on port 18081 to operate with the new Kaseya Application Firewall. Please read the details at the bottom of this page - click here
- The R9.2 Install will automatically configure SSRS, if installed on the server, to listen on port 18086 to operate with the Kaseya Application Firewall. If you wish to manually configure it, please click here to read this page.
- Disable or uninstall any anti-virus that may be running on the new server during the upgrade process. Anti-virus can interfere with the installation of Kaseya as it can block and/or lock files during the installation process. After the installation of Kaseya we recommend to set exclusions for the entire Kaseya directory (typically C:\Kaseya).
- If you are running AuthAnvil on your VSA, please see this article and this article
- As with any software upgrade we recommend having a full backup of your ksubscribers database as well as Kaseya directories. More details are available in the installation guide above.
- If you are running Windows Firewall on the System, make sure you have opened ports 5721, 80 and 443 inbound/outbound or you will not be able to reach the system remotely.
- Verify agents are checking in. See the following article for steps to troubleshoot - https://helpdesk.kaseya.com/entries/32389373-Troubleshooting-Kaseya-Agent-check-in-problems
- Verify you are able to update agents. (Note, no more than 100 agents should be updated at the same time. Please stagger accordingly to prevent performance issues.)
- Verify reports are working
- Verify the new Kaseya Remote Control works (note: you must update your agents so they have the new Kaseya Remote Control functionality after installing R9.2 as stated above)