How can I move the KDB private storage server (PSS) to a different computer without losing current backup data?
The backup data will be maintained so long as the agent GUID and the storage location do not change. Use the following steps to achieve this: -
1) go to Agent > Delete function and uninstall the storage server agent using the "Uninstall the agent and keep the account" option
2) ensure that the "storage location" for the PSS does not change: -
- if the storage location is a local drive (e.g. d:\data), copy the entire folder structure to the "new" PSS (must keep the same drive and folder path)
- if the storage location is a network share (e.g. \\server\share), ensure that the "new" PSS can access the existing share, or copy the data to another share that can be accessed from the new PSS using the same UNC path
3) go to Agent > Create function and click on the hyper-linked machine ID for the storage server agent
4) click Next button and then download the account specific agent install package
5) run this on the "new" storage server - it will check in using the original account and all configuration (including storage server settings) will be maintained
6) if the IP address that KDB clients need to connect with has changed, go to Data Backup > Private Storage function and change the "primary address"
After this process, backups should continue where they left off and no further changes are needed.
Kaseya Data Backup