Patches are failing to install. The WindowsUpdate.log throws error 2250.
Error ID 2250 is a Windows issue likely to be caused due to a missing or corrupt class in root\microsoft\windows\servermanager.
Follow the below steps to resolve the issue:
1. Force push the patches to check if it installs or errors up again and if the reboot of the machine requires it to notify via email.
2. Stop the Windows Update service.
net stop wuauserv
3. Delete the Windows Update cache directory - C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution.
Remove-Item -Recurse -Force C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution
4. Restart the computer. (Note: It may require several restarts to get everything deleted from this directory, so keep trying if necessary.)
5. Run Windows Update manually again. It will fail almost instantly and offer to run a diagnostic tool. Download the tool and allow it to run. The tool will find and fix some problems. At this point, run Windows Update manually again. Windows Update worked fine at this point.