How do I make bulk updates to the scheduled backups initiated within configuration management for a specific department?
This requires access to the BVECLI/BVEAPI.
- Make sure BVE API is running (assuming you have BVE access e.g. <TRAVERSE_HOME>/etc/bveapi.init status or from Traverse Service Controller
- telnet/ssh to your BVE on port 7661
telnet 127.0.0.1 7661
- Log in as admin/superuser using:
login USERNAME PASSWORD
e.g. login superuser traverse
- represent into the department by providing a user login from that department:
e.g. user.represent "loginname=traverse"
- apply the bulk update to all devices (only devices that have NCM enabled will be applicable even though the update is applied to all devices):
device.update "devicename=*", "configBackupFrequency=TIMEINMINUTES"
e.g. (for 12 hour frequency)
device.update "devicename=*", "configBackupFrequency=720"
e.g. (for 1 day frequency)
device.update "devicename=*", "configBackupFrequency=1440"
- to represent into a different department:
All versions of Traverse