Receiving the following error when trying to create a tests for a computer.
wmi:Error performing WMI test discovery: 'DGE()' did not acknowledge the request -7938441712912885717 of type 'wmiTestDiscovery', make sure it is running.
snmp:Error performing SNMP test discovery: 'DGE(MYDGEX)' did not acknowledge the request -3730079788081259332 of type 'snmpTestDiscovery', make sure it is running.
This error would generally indicate one of three things:
- The time on the DGE is not synchronized. You may further review this by logging in as superuser and navigating to Superuser --> Health and reviewing the 'Time Offset' column.
- The 'Data Gathering Engine' component on the DGE is not running.
- The 'WMI Query Daemon' component on the DGE is not running.
* Make sure the BVE and/or DGE servers are synced to an accurate NTP source.
* If it is either of the latter two, please start the component from the Traverse Service Controller. If the component in question is unable to stay running, please zip the <TRAVERSE_HOME>\logs directory and upload them to the ticket.
All versions of Traverse