I have devices which say that they are auto provisioned from vCenter configuration. How can I find out from which vCenter were they auto provisioned?
There are three possible ways:
1. from the GUI:
* represent into the department
* navigate top Administration --> Devices
* click on the 'Device Dependency' link at the top left
* Find the discovered device in the 'All Devices List' and select it
* the lower right panel will display the vCenter
* Hit Cancel
2. from the Traverse CLI tool:
This example is on a Windows BVE server; please fill iln the username and password as appropriate
cd TRAVERSE_HOME\utils bveCLI.pl --host=127.0.0.1 --username=____ --password=_____ --exec="dependency.list 'devicename=*discovered*" --format=csv --fields=deviceName,parentDeviceName serialnumber, devicename, parentdevicename
"380158", "dv-sso-esx04.kaseya.com (discovered)", "SJ vCenter"
3. from the BVE FlexAPI server
dependency.list "devicename=*discovered*" OK 203 request accepted, records returned: 1 ... "deviceName=dv-sso-esx04.kaseya.com (discovered)", ... "parentDeviceName=SJ vCenter", "parentAddress=ip-us-bak02.kaseya.com", ...
All versions of Traverse