Occasionally, to troubleshoot an issue, the provisioning or configuration database may be required to be reviewed.
Additionally, the audit.log from the BVE (<TRAVERSE_HOME>\logs) will be required to be reviewed.
The process to be adopted is listed below. Please note - do not post any attachments here. Please post attachments to an
existing support ticket or open a new support ticket.
Please note - <TRAVERSE_HOME> refers to the Traverse installation directory
- replace YYYYMMDD as appropriate with the year, month and date
This process does not require any components to be shut down.
ptxml -export -file provdb-YYYYMMDD.xml -server localhost -base provisioning > provdb-YYYYMMDD.txt 2>&1
Then please zip together and attach provdb-YYYYMMDD.xml and provdb-YYYYMMDD.txt to the appropriate support ticket for analysis.
Please also zip and attach <TRAVERSE_HOME>\logs\audit.log and <TRAVERSE_HOME>\database\backup\backup_provisioning.xml
On linux (please note the backtick ` are to be typed in as is for the export LD_LIBRARY_PATH command below):
sucd TRAVERSE_HOME/apps/poet/lib # Replace TRAVERSE_HOME with your actual Traverse install folder
./ptxml -export -file /tmp/provdb-YYYYMMDD.xml -server localhost -base provisioning > /tmp/provdb-YYYYMMDD.log 2>&1
zip provdb-YYYYMMDD.zip provdb-YYYYMMDD.xml provdb-YYYYMMDD.log
Then please attach the provdb-YYYYMMDD.zip file to the appropriate support ticket for analysis.
Please also tar/compress and attach <TRAVERSE_HOME>/logs/audit.log and <TRAVERSE_HOME>/database/backup/backup_provisioning.xml
For security reasons, we recommend after the steps outlined above, to download the attachment and run the following instructions:
- Unzip the attachment under <traverse_home>\utils\ (same folder in Linux)
- Run in a command line window (shell in Linux):
- <traverse_home>\utils\perl remove_passwords.pl provdb-YYYYMMDD.xml
- The output that would be provdb-YYYYMMDD.xml.tmp file with all the passwords altered with the word "redacted"
- Kindly zip this file with the rest of the files outlined above (<TRAVERSE_HOME>/logs/audit.log and <TRAVERSE_HOME>/database/backup/backup_provisioning.xml)