SNMP tests on a device randomly show Unknown status
Turn off SNMP Query Optimization
Many SNMP enabled devices (especially Cisco ASA servers) do not respond well to the Traverse SNMP Query Optimization feature, which is enabled by default. This feature is akin to an snmp bulk get and the option to disable this is within the test's monitor configuration.
To disable this feature if the test uses a local credential:
- Navigate to ADMINISTRATION > DEVICES > click on the 'Tests' hyperlink for the device in question
- Click on the hyperlink for the snmp monitor instance under the MONITOR/INSTANCE column
- Select the 'Disabled' radio button under 'SNMP Query Optimization' and click 'Update Settings'
To disable this feature if the test uses a shared credential:
NOTE: we recommend that the tests be rediscovered with local credentials (by selecting the option 'Create New' when discovering tests) and optimization be turned off at the local credentials than at the shared credential level.
- Navigate to ADMINISTRATION > OTHER > Shared Credentials/Configurations
- Highlight the shared SNMP monitor configuration and click the 'Edit' button
- Select the 'Disabled' radio button under 'SNMP Query Optimization' and click 'Save'