You wish to have advance warning when your SSL certificates are about to expire.
On the BVE server:
- Unzip the attached file to <traverse_Home> /plugin/monitors
- Once unzipped the below files should be located at:
- cd <traverse_home>plugin/monitors/ssl_cert_check
- chmod 755 ssl_cert_check.pl (only for GNU/Linux environment)
- To test it, you can run
- <traverse_home>/plugin/monitors/ssl_cert_check/ssl_cert_check.pl --host www.google.com --port 443
- From 'Superuser -> Health', select the icon in the Action column for the BVE and the appropriate DGE, then 'Reload Config Files' from the menu
- Provision a new test (Create New Standard Tests) on a web server device using the monitor type 'ssl_cert_check'
- The test will return the number of days to expiration of the SSL certificate installed on the device.
if you are running Windows, you will required and extra step for this to run:
- Download and install the latest version [v3.0.7 or greater than v3.0.7] of OpenSSL for Windows and should be installed in "C:\OpenSSL-Win32" path (light version for your system) from: https://slproweb.com/products/Win32OpenSSL.html