VPN's do not work while KAV is installed on Windows Server operating system that host RRAS (Routing and Remote Access) role
There are two possible approaches to resolve this problem: -
1) Install attached KAV 10 patch on Windows Server (There is no notification that it has been completed, then reboot)
Patch_pf401.zip : For Windows Server 2012 (For all Server Editions)
Patch_pf343.zip : For Windows Server 2008 and SBS 2011
2) Test VPN access
Note :- Above patch works most of the times. In case it doesn't work please try the below workaround
Kaspersky network drivers on Windows server operating system cause this issue. Since network drivers are not used by "File Anti-virus" component it can be disabled. It is the most reliable and simple way to fix all compatibility problems :-
To disable KES network drivers :-
1) Disable KES self-protection
2) Run reg-file (download link below) and confirm changes to registry
3) Enable KES self-protection
4) Reboot machine
5) Test VPN access
If the issue persists, please contact Kaseya Support and provide them the following information:
- A GSI Report: https://helpdesk.kaseya.com/entries/32433883-Using-Get-System-Info-...
- Process Monitor Logs: https://helpdesk.kaseya.com/entries/102736263-How-to-Collect-Proces...
- Application Trace Files: https://helpdesk.kaseya.com/entries/102736643-How-To-Collect-Applic...
- A Memory Dump: http://support.kaspersky.com/general/dumps/7989
KAV 10 installed on Windows Server Operating System with Routing and Remote Access role