How can I find the Kaseya Remote Control logs?
Log file locations
To investigate most issues with Remote Control (KRC), Kaseya support will require logs from the following locations: -
Viewer (the computer that KRC session is initiated from): -
- Windows XP and 2003: C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\Kaseya\Log
- Windows Vista and later: C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Kaseya\Log
- OS X: /Users/<user>/Library/Logs/com.kaseya
Agent (the computer that KRC session is connecting to): -
- Windows XP and 2003: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaseya\Log
- Windows Vista and later: C:\ProgramData\Kaseya\Log
- OS X: /Library/Logs/com.kaseya
Please delete the current contents of both directories prior to reproducing the problem, then archive (zip) the whole contents of both directories and attach to your support ticket.
If the problem is intermittent, please state the exact time that the problem last occurred.
Using Live Connect to obtain agent side logs: -
1) hover mouse over agent status icon to display "Agent Quickview" interface
2) click on the "Live Connect" button in the top bar (opens in new browser tab)
3) go to File Manager tab in Live Connect menu
4) in Remote Site window, right click on "computer" and select "Show hidden" from pop-up menu (C:\ProgramData folder is usually hidden)
5) browse to the log file location specified above, and copy the whole folder (for example, C:\ProgramData\Kaseya\Log)
In some cases, verbose (debug) logs may be requested.
To enable verbose logging on the Viewer machine: -
1) download attached archive file Viewer verbose logging.zip (link can be found at the bottom of this page)
2) extract both files from within the archive to the KRC Viewer installation directory: -
- Windows 64-bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaseya Remote Control
- Windows 32-bit: C:\Program Files\Kaseya Remote Control
- OS X: /Applications/Kaseya Remote Control.app/Contents/MacOS/
To enable verbose logging on the Agent machine: -
1) download attached archive file Agent verbose logging.zip (link can be found at the bottom of this page)
2) extract both files from within the archive to the Kaseya Agent installation directory: -
- Windows 64-bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaseya\[serverID]
- Windows 32-bit: C:\Program Files\Kaseya\[serverID]
- OS X: /library/proc/kaseya
3) restart the Kaseya agent service
Once verbose logging is enabled, collect the logs in the same way as described in the first part of this article. After collecting the logs, remove the config files to avoid the verbose logging consuming extra resources.
Kaseya VSA (Remote Control) - v7.0 and later