When you look at the Agent Procedure log via Agent module> agent logs option you notice the entry below. Note this would cause patch status page to NOT update correctly as the data has not populated yet.
3:01:15 pm 11-Feb-15 WUA Patch Scan 2 System
Processing patch scan results for <machine_id> failed.
At some point Zenith Patch Management OR another software/program was installed on the machine
- Log-in to the machine and locate the ptchscn2.xml on the working directory (e.g. c:\kworking\).
- Open the file and search for the word: "PROCESS" . This will show next to it the process/software that is causing the issue.
- In this example the component: ZPMAuto.exe was found
- If you confirm that the component is on the xml file then perform next steps.
- Stop the Windows Update service
- Go to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore\datastore.edb and rename datastore.edb to datastore.edb.old
- Note you can also rename the entire folder SoftwareDistribution to .OLD
- Start the Window Update service
- Run a new patch scan
Example of log entry:
<UpdateHistory Date="2014-10-15 21:29:24" UpdateId="c86d6d0d-4f86-4632-934b-9bb5f5e0605c" UpdateRev="201" Operation="1" ResultCode="2" HResultHex="0x00000000" UnmappedResultCodeHex="0x00000000" ServiceId="7971f918-a847-4430-9279-4a52d1efe18d" ClientApplicationID="<<PROCESS>>: ZPMAuto.exe"/>
- This message on the logs may sometimes be caused due to an outdated version of the Windows Update agent, in which case you would need to update
the version: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/949104
- If in case you may have renamed or deleted the ptchscn2.xml already the file may only contain one line for the machine name- in this case the "process"
name won't be present, however you can still perform the steps above as the windows file/folder will be recreated once the new scan is performed.
If this does not help resolve the issue please create a Support Ticket.