- Microsoft Releases an Office 2010 patch on “Patch Tuesday” (the second Tuesday of each month). Microsoft does not add the patch to the MUC the same day.
- You scan an endpoint running Office 2010. The patch will not appear in Kaseya Patch Management because the patch has not been added to the MUC.
- Microsoft adds the Office 2010 patch to the MUC on Thursday.
- The patch does not appear in Kaseya Patch Management because you have not scanned an endpoint that might need the patch.
- You scan an endpoint that does not have Office installed. The patch does not appear in Kaseya Patch Management because the machine scanned cannot make use of the patch and therefore is not needed in the environment.
- You scan an endpoint running Office 2010. Kaseya recognizes that the newly-released patch is needed by an endpoint in your environment. The patch is added to your view in Kaseya Patch Management.
- Unless you have the default action set for this type of patch, the patch will appear as Approval Pending and will not be deployed. You must Approve or Deny the patch in Patch Policy.
Microsoft Update Catalog (requires Internet Explorer 6.0 or later): http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Home.aspx
Note: Kaseya Patch Management does not support the following patch classifications:
- Definition Updates