The attached ZIP archive contains a script which may be used to both create a set of External Data Feed (EDF) tests to monitor the WMI Query Daemon, and also to populate those tests. A failure in the WMI Query Daemon may be detected by the test 'WMIQD:totalProcessedQueries' falling to a lower than normal value.
To enable the WMI QD Stats tests for a DGE extension (DGEx):
- Save 'wmiqd-stat.pl' in the attached zip file to 'TRAVERSE_HOME\plugin\utils' on the BVE, and within a few minutes it will be copied to the DGE extensions
- Create the EDF tests from a command prompt on the BVE:
wmiqd-stats.pl --createtests --devicename "some-dgex" --deviceaddress "127.0.0.1" --edfserver "127.0.0.1" --edfuser superuser --edfpassword super_password --username=Traverse
Replace 'some-dgex' with the name of the DGEx as provisioned in Traverse, and 'Traverse' with the name of a user in the department where the DGEx device is provisioned.
- Save sch_qd.xml in the attached zip file to 'c:\temp' (or other temporary location) on the DGEx.
- Change the 'devicename' value near the end of the 'sch_qd.xml' to the name of the DGEx device.
- From a command prompt on the DGEx, run this command to create a scheduled task at 5 minute intervals:
schtasks /create /ru SYSTEM /tn "Traverse WMI Query Daemon Stats" /xml sch_qd.xml
- Within 5 minutes the WMI QD tests should begin reporting values.