Running out of licenses can be a problem that increases data loss risk if your organization is growing very rapidly or has a lot of rotation in staffing. To ensure you always have the right number of available licenses to protect your newly on-boarded users Spanning Backup for Google Workspace supports the ability to automatically purchase licenses when needed.
Automated License Purchasing together with Automatic License Assignment ensures that new users are never unprotected.
- Login to Spanning Backup for Google Workspace as a Global Administrator
Navigate to Users -> Manage Licenses
- Open License Settings using gear button:
- The Automatically assign Standard Licenses to new users feature must be enabled as a prerequisite.
- Check the Automatically purchase Standard Licenses for new users checkbox and Save:
- If you see a warning message at the top or if the setting selections are not being correctly saved, please contact email@example.com
Note: For customers using the old, Automated License Purchasing feature this feature flag will automatically be re-enabled for you in the new license management experience.