This article describes how to restore a backup to the system's samba share using the legacy or Satori interface.
To restore a backup to the system's samba share, perform the following:
From Legacy Interface:
- Highlight desired client and click on 'Restore' icon
- Chose desired recover point in time wheel and select Next (Select Files/Items)
- Select desired files in 'File Selection List' window
- Click 'Show Advanced Execution Options' box
- In 'Client To Which To Restore' chose the Unitrends system, and in Target directory, type: /backups/samba/directoryname/ where "directoryname" is the subdirectory you want it restored to (i.e: /backups/samba/restore/).
NOTE: You must end the directory name with a forward slash ("/") so the process knows the restore will be sent to the directory and not a file. If the directory does not exist, it will be created.
- Click 'Restore'
Currently, this option is not yet available in the Satori interface. You will need to switch to the legacy interface and perform the steps listed above.