Problem: This folder can grow exponentially which can cause the KServer to go down as it consumes all available space.
Question: What is the best way or method for moving the "EndpointDownloads" folder to another drive or network share?
Answer: Follow these steps in the order below, please note that copying the files MUST be done first:
- Stop all Kaseya services
- Create a new EndpointDownloads folder in the directory of your choice (The name needs to be exact)
- Move all files from C:\Kaseya\EndpointDownloads to the new location in X drive (Use the directory created in step 2)
- Next, rename the original directory C:\Kaseya\EndpointDownloads to C:\Kaseya\EndpointDownloads_OLD
- Open CMD as admin and run the following command to create the symlink
mklink /D C:\Kaseya\EndpointDownloads X:\EndpointDownloads
- (Update this command according to your drive configuration)
- Start all Kaseya services
Note: If you incur any issues don't hesitate to get in touch with Kaseya Support via this link and mention Support Ticket #1943531 for reference.