How to move Kaseya Network Monitor (KNM v5) installation to a new host machine.
NOTE: The instructions below apply to KNM version 5 ONLY.
- If you have configured gateways to connect to a specific IP address or host name, make sure that all gateways are configured to connect to the new KNM host machine before proceeding.
- Install KNM on the new machine. After installation stop the KNM service
- Stop the current KNM installation by clicking shutdown on the from the 'System administration' page under the Settings menu.
- Make a backup of the whole KNM directory on the current host machine.
- Copy the following folders and files from the current KNM installation to the new KNM installation.
- If you have enabled web server HTTPS, move the certificate to the new machine
- If you have developed your own system type or modified a default system type, make sure to move those files from the \system directory to the \system directory on new KNM installation.
- Start the KNM service on the new machine.
- Uninstall KNM from the old machine.
Kaseya Network Monitor (KNM) v5 ONLY.
If you want to move a KNM v4 installation, check this other article.