For KNM to be able to monitor an Oracle database, the minimum requirements are that the Oracle Instant Client for Microsoft Windows (32-bit) is installed and configured properly on the KNM host or gateway that will be monitoring the Oracle database. The 32-bit client needs to be installed even if the OS on the KNM host/gateway is 64-bit.
You can download the client software from here .
The Instant Client does not have a setup program, so it needs to be configured manually
- Download the Instant Client Package - Basic Lite software
- Create a folder named C:\oracle on the KNM host/gateway
- Extract the whole folder in the zip file from Oracle (instantclient_11_2 for the current version) to C:\oracle
- Add C:\oracle\instantclient_11_2 to your system PATH variable
- Restart your KNM host/gateway