Service Check monitoring in Classic Monitoring in the VSA does not alert and/or restart the services.
Most common cause is incorrect configuration or Service Check not properly assigned.
To troubleshoot Service Check monitoring, please verify the following:
- You are using the Service Name in the monitor set, not the Display name. Go to the Services module on the Windows machine, right click on the service you want to monitor and click on Properties. The Service Name will be listed at the top of the General tab.
- Navigate to Monitor > Edit > Update Lists by Scan and scan the device you want to monitor the service on. This will update the monitor list for that device in the database, which the agent cross checks with when assigning the monitor set.
Please Note: If the monitor set has Enable Matching enabled, then you must run Update List by Scan beforehand. Otherwise, disable Enable Matching in order to monitor the services without running the scan.
The agent can monitor and restart any service as long as it is not Disabled.
When creating the monitor set, please be wary of the configurations and how each section affects the monitoring process.
- Service - The service name of the service you want to monitor. The drop down list is populated by the Update List by Scan.
- Re-start attempts - The number of times the agent will attempt to restart the service you are monitoring.
- Restart interval - The amount of time between the restart attempts configured above in seconds, minutes, hours or days.
- Ignore additional alarms for - The Re-arm time in seconds, minutes, hours, or days. The amount of time after an alert is generated before the next alert is generated.
The alert is generated after ALL restart attempts fail. Lets use the following monitor set as an example.
Assuming all 3 restart attempts fail, the alert will be generated approximately 6 minutes after the service initially fails. However, keep in mind that if the third, or last, restart attempt is successful, then no alert is generated even though the service would have been stopped for about 6 minutes. When troubleshooting, keep this in mind as the agent may restart the service on the last attempt.
All versions of Kaseya. Updated for Kaseya 9.2.