How to use the VSA Personal Access Token (PAT) with MSP Assist?
- Log into the VSA
- Go to the Kaseya System/User Security/Users menu
- Select the account being used for API access
- Click on the "Access Tokens" TAB
- Click New to create a New Token
- Provide a Token Name
- Set an expiry date or leave it blank for it to never expire
- Enable the "REST API (Read, Write)" API
- Leave "REST API Access Rights" as "Inherit from User Role"
- NOTE: The account must be system (SaaS) / master (ONP)
- Leave "Accept requests from these server IP addresses" blank
If you want to create a PAT with more restrictive access then they can additionally do the above but with the following changes:
- Set "REST API Access Rights" to Specify and select only the Categories required
- Add IP Address to limit access to the API ONLY from these listed IP addresses:
- Go to your Kaseya Settings under the MSP Assist account
- Find the Personal Access Token field, and paste the token obtained above.