Updating your BMS / VSA integration to migrate from the legacy user-based VSA authentication to the modern token-based API authentication requires the following steps.
For On-premises VSA Users, you need to take the following actions:
- All dedicated user credentials used for basic authentication of API connections between BMS and VSA should be disabled and/or removed from the VSA system (i.e. bms_integration, etc)
- All end-user credentials used for both user access via the UI/UX as well as basic authentication must have their password changed via a password reset process
- All API integrations should be enabled via the token-based credentials based on the instructions in the following knowledge base article: Setting up VSA token-based authentication
For SaaS VSA Users, we have automatically disabled all user credentials (items 1 and 2 above) used for basic authentication of BMS / VSA Integration.
- All end-user credentials that were disabled but are needed for users to access the UI/UX should be manually re-enabled.
- You will need to perform step 3 only to create new token-based credentials.
These changes support modern security practices which rely on token-based API authentication methods instead of user credentials.
Please contact Kaseya support if you encounter any issues in this process.