How can we upgrade our existing Passly DirSync agents?
If you have the 18.104.22.168 Directory Sync agent, you can perform an in place upgrade with the newest agent. - no need to uninstall and re-install. Just Download the latest installer and run the setup file on the same server you already installed DirSync to.
If you are using a version older then 22.214.171.124 previously following this guide to setup DirSync. We can upgrade a Passly DirSync agent. following these steps.
- Log into Passly.
- Select Directory manager.
- Select Directory Sync.
- Select the existing agent.
- Select Edit under the Agent information section
- Change agent status to Disabled. Save changes.
Note: Do not delete the agent under the end. We need this agent in place until the last step.
- On the Windows server where DirSync is deployed, Programs & Features > Uninstall the DirSync agent.
- Start the DirSync deployment wizard. Follow this article.
Note: Use two browsers here logged in to the Passly tenant. You need to map the OU's on the new agent exactly the same as your previouis agent.
Note: Name the agent based on the the machine name.
Supported Operating Systems for the Agent.
- Windows Server 2012 / 2012R2.
- Windows Server 2016.
- Windows Server 2019.