The VSA 9.5.18 Feature Release (build 184.108.40.20623) includes enhancements and fixes described in the topics below. For minimum system and agent requirements, see these topics in the Kaseya R95 System Requirements Guide: Kaseya Server Minimum Requirements & Configuration and Agent Minimum Requirements.
- SaaS Deployment Started: Saturday, January 27th, 2024
- SaaS Deployment Completed: Saturday, February 10th, 2024
- General Availability (on-prem customers): Wednesday, February 28th, 2024
Note: SaaS customers will be informed of their maintenance window via https://status.kaseya.net.
Dates are subject to change at short notice. On-prem customers are advised to check this page again before attempting an upgrade.
Last Update: February 16th, 2024 (General Availability release date changed from February 21st to 28th)
Important Security Update
This release includes important security updates. We recommend that on-premises customers upgrade as soon as possible after the General Availability release date shown above. (No action is required for SaaS customers as updates are automatically applied).
|This release requires agent version 220.127.116.11. After upgrading from an earlier VSA version you must update your Windows, macOS, and Linux agents using the Automatic or Manual update process from the agent module.
|Live Connect Application
|When starting a Live Connect or Remote Control session for the first time after installing this release, you will be prompted with a link to download the latest Live Connect build. You must complete the installation before proceeding with the session.
This release includes updates to the Software Management client code. Each managed machine will download 120 MB of file updates during the first patch scan or deployment cycle after installing the VSA update. The files will be sourced from the VSA server or a peer endpoint machine on the local network which already has the files. Recommendations to mitigate the impact on network bandwidth:-
Support Policy for Prior Releases
Kaseya recommends that customers update their environments to the latest patch release as soon as possible after the GA release date.
Our policy is to provide support for the current GA release, one prior Feature Release, and any interim Maintenance Releases. After the 9.5.18 General Availability date stated above, the minimum supported version will be the 9.5.17 Feature Release.
Product Life Cycle Updates
Kaseya Backup (KBU, aka BUDR)
- As previously announced in the End-of-Life Notice, support for the module ended on December 31st, 2023.
Kaseya Data Backup
- As previously announced in the End-of-Life Notice, support for the module ended on September 30th, 2023.
Kaseya Service Desk (KSD)
- As previously announced in the End-of-Life Notice, support for the module will end on January 31st, 2024, except for use cases where it's primarily used to integrate VSA with Connectwise or Autotask.
As previously announced, we are disabling “basic authentication” to REST API with this release. Authentication requests to REST API must use one of the following combinations:
- Username + Personal Access Token (PAT) - for applications that run as a background service.
- Username + Password + 2FA passcode – for applications with user interactive login.
The username + password combination (without a 2FA passcode) will no longer be accepted.
Customers using the MSP Assist plugin may need to update their account settings to use a PAT, as described here.
- Removed the “Never Ask Again” option from the drop-down selector for the "How long should 2FA devices be remembered?” setting on the Logon Policy page. The maximum time for remembering a device is 90 days.
Changes to System Requirements
- macOS 14 (Sonoma) is now supported for standard Agent functions.
- Support for macOS 11 (Big Sur) will end on September 30th, 2024.
- The VSA server installation now supports Windows Server 2022.
- Support for Windows Server 2012 and 2012 R2 will end on September 30th, 2024.
Bug Fixes and Other Improvements
- Fixed an issue in Domain Watch where harvest would fail for Azure Active Directory users with certain special characters in their display name.
- Fixed an issue where Agent Deployment to discovered Linux devices would fail.
- Fixed an issue where the Scan Summary report would fail to load when clicking the "magnifying glass" icon from the Discovery > Networks > By Agent page.
- Fixed issues with the BMS integration:
- If a BMS ticket was closed by a workflow, the associated VSA alarm(s) would remain open. They will now be automatically closed.
- Subsequent duplicate alarms would result in the recurrence count of the closed ticket being incremented. After this fix, the next alarm will create a new BMS ticket.
Live Connect App
- Fixed an issue where, under certain circumstances, a disconnected Remote Control session would re-connect to the wrong endpoint when the technician had multiple sessions open concurrently.
- Fixed an issue where the Automatic Update process did not start on endpoints that were offline at the scheduled time, despite the "Skip if Offline" setting being enabled in the schedule.
- Fixed an issue where the Policy would fail to apply Event Log Alert settings to endpoints.
- Fixed an issue where changes to Remote Control policy objects could not be saved.