Kaseya has had two AuthAnvil products in the marketplace over the last 9.5 years.
The following products are being moved to end of life and support will end on December 31st 2023.
AuthAnvil On-Premises & AuthAnvil On-Demand
AuthAnvil On-Premises (AAoP) was originally a product sold by Scorpion Software.
- Scorpion Software was acquired by Kaseya 9 years ago.
- This was an On-Premises IIS hosted application that provided 2FA/SSO/Password management.
- No code work has occurred for over 7 years as of Mar. 2023.
- We have not sold AAoP for 6+ years.
AuthAnvil On-Demand (AAoD) was launched 7 years ago approximately.
- AuthAnvil On-Demand is Passly under a new branding and new URL's.
- AuthAnvil On-Demand was built using an outdated version of the Polymer UI from Google. This has been replaced in Passly via the ReactJS user interface.
For AuthAnvil On-Premises there is no data to migrate between AAoP & Passly as they are parallel services except for Password Server. We offer customers the ability to migrate on their own data today in Passly for Password Management via https://helpdesk.kaseya.com/hc/en-gb/articles/4407410732305
For AuthAnvil On-Demand there is no need to worry about any data transfer.
AuthAnvil On-Demand is Passly.
- There are some AAoD customers that also deployed an AAoP Password Server. On-Premises Password Server is EOL and will no longer be accessible, Passly Password Manager is available for legacy migrations as noted above.
Migration to a 3rd Party
If you wish to migrate to a 3rd party we will be sad to see you leave the product. You want to make sure that all endpoints are disabled before you close your subscription with Kaseya.
- Customers can follow this guide to help remove AAOP from their stack.
Note: We recommend disabling AuthAnvil On-Premises by November 30th to ensure there is no issues with your migration before the shutdown.
- Please review this article for steps on removing Passly endpoints.
Note: We recommend migrating the URL's on endpoints and integrations by November 30th to ensure there is no issues with your migration before the shutdown.
Migration to Passly advice for AuthAnvil On-Premises customers.
AuthAnvil On-Premises customers with No-Password Server. All AAoP customers not using Password Server should already be migrated or migrate as soon as possible.
These customers can follow this guide https://helpdesk.kaseya.com/hc/en-gb/articles/4407400726545
AAoD customers with AAoP Password Server - For customers still using the AAoP Password Server All AAoP customers will migrate following https://helpdesk.kaseya.com/hc/en-gb/articles/4407410732305 or export your passwords and migrate to a 3rd party.
Single Vault Export - https://helpdesk.kaseya.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360034320332
Bulk Password Export - https://helpdesk.kaseya.com/hc/en-gb/articles/18863145738385
AuthAnvil On-Demand Customers
AAoD customers can switch from using AuthAnvil to Passly today! Welcome to Passly!
- Users can prevent issues by making an easy change. Switch to using Passly for all logins, this means https://(companyname).my.authanvil.com is replaced by https://(companyname).my.passly.com
All users should update their bookmarks to use Passly in place of AuthAnvil. https://(companyname).my.authanvil.com is replaced by https://(companyname).my.passly.com
Tenant Admins should confirm their users are all using the Passly Authenticator App
* Android Passly Authenticator - Apps on Google Play
* iOS Passly Authenticator on the App Store (apple.com)
Note: Users can change their Authenticator under Settings in the top right coroner of the Web UI.
Admins can re-enroll their users by following this article.
Tenant Admins should confirm their users are all using the Passly Single Sign On Assistant Extension to replace the AuthAnvil extension.
Chrome / Edge: Passly - Chrome Web Store (google.com)
Tenant Admins can prevent issues by checking integrations.
Tenant Admins - Switch to using the Passly URL for all integrations, this means https://(companyname).my.authanvil.com is replaced by https://(companyname).my.passly.com
- Tenant Admins should migrate all legacy endpoints that use the SAS URL from using https://(companyname).my.authanvil.com/AuthAnvil/SAS.asmx to https://(companyname).my.passly.com/AuthAnvil/SAS.asmx
If you have configured a Kaseya or Datto legacy AuthAnvil Integration please see this section for more assistance on updating or disabling the integration. These integrations could have been configured using *.my.authanvil.com
Tenant Admins - Windows Logon Agents - This agent could have been configured using *.my.authanvil.com and to prevent any issues it should be redeployed using this article.
Tenant Admins - RADIUS Agents - This agent could have been configured using *.my.authanvil.com and to prevent any issues it should be redeployed using this article.
Tenant Admins - Other 2FA Agents - If there are any Windows Credential Providers or Legacy AuthAnvil branded agents, they should be redeployed using updated Passly installers. Check out this section for Auth Manager articles.
- Tenant Admins - additionally, if any integrations are enabled, we need to ensure they are configured for Passly. This means the AuthAnvil OnDemand URL: https://(companyname).my.authanvil.com is replaced by https://(companyname).my.passly.com
There are two Directory synchronization agents deployed. Legacy DirSync & AUSI.
- Tenant Admins - This agent could have been configured using *.my.authanvil.com and to prevent any issues it should be redeployed using this article.
Advanced User Synchronization Agent (AUSI)
- Tenant Admins - This agent was released in 2023 and should not have any installs using the AuthAnvil URL. If you are uncertain you can migrate the agent following this article.
- Tenant Admins - Password Sync Agent - This agent could have been configured using *.my.authanvil.com and to prevent any issues it should be redeployed using this article.
- AAoP to Passly Migration guide https://helpdesk.kaseya.com/hc/en-gb/articles/5122261989265
- AAoP Password Server to Passly Password Manager migration only https://helpdesk.kaseya.com/hc/en-gb/articles/4407410732305
- AAoP migration to a 3rd party https://helpdesk.kaseya.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360034318272
AuthAnvil On-Premises subscription servers will shut down on Dec. 31, 2023.
All servers will be subscription locked approximately Jan 5th, 2024.
- No AAoP customers will be able to access the management UI. All endpoints will lock out users except for override access.
AuthAnvil On-Demand customers will need to switch to using Passly as AAoD URL’s as logins will no longer function on Dec. 31, 2023.
- All endpoints not migrated will no longer function on Dec. 31, 2023.
Other helpful Passly articles
- How can I use 2FA? - https://helpdesk.kaseya.com/hc/en-gb/articles/4407393143057
- Release Notes - https://helpdesk.kaseya.com/hc/en-gb/sections/4406076840721
- Support can always be contacted via https://helpdesk.kaseya.com/hc/en-gb/requests/new
- Feature Requests submission - https://www.community.connectit.com/id-agent/categories/passly-ideas
- Emergency steps - https://helpdesk.kaseya.com/hc/en-gb/sections/4406076851729
- Kaseya Cloud Systems Status and Maintenance Notices - https://status.kaseya.net