This document describes new features and fixes introduced in the 10.6.6 release. For upgrade instructions and considerations, reference the Upgrade Guide for Recovery Series, Recovery MAX, ION/ION+, and Unitrends Backup.
Automated secure pairing of Unitrends Windows agents
Beginning in Windows agent release 10.6.6, a secure pairing is automatically established between the appliance and the Windows agent on each of its protected assets. This pairing enables Transport Layer Security (TLS) to encrypt data and authenticate connections between appliances and agents. Communication between appliances and agents is only allowed if there is a matching (paired) certificate.
This feature blocks any communication with Unitrends agent software that doesn't originate from a paired appliance (think of a Bluetooth headset, if it's not paired or in pairing mode, no one else can communicate with it). This eliminates the threat of a rogue appliance running backups or code against an agent.
These secure pairing requirements must be met to protect Windows assets with agent release 10.6.6 or higher:
- The Unitrends appliance must be running release 10.6.6 or higher.
- The Windows asset must be running agent release 10.6.6 or higher.
- The Unitrends appliance version must be equal to or higher than the Windows agent version.
Be sure to upgrade your Unitrends appliance before upgrading your Windows agents.
- The Windows agent listens for pairing requests on port 888. Ensure that port 888 is not in use on the Windows asset.
- Protection of Hyper-V clusters is not yet supported. To protect a Hyper-V cluster, do NOT upgrade to agent version 10.6.6 or higher. Instead, use agent version 10.6.5.
- Protection of SQL clusters is not yet supported. To protect a SQL cluster, do NOT upgrade to agent version 10.6.6 or higher. Instead, use agent version 10.6.5.
- Protection of file server clusters is not yet supported. To protect a file server cluster, do NOT upgrade to agent version 10.6.6 or higher. Instead, use agent version 10.6.5.
- Protection of Windows XP, 2003, and Vista is not supported. To protect a Windows XP, 2003, or Vista asset, use agent version 10.5.7.
Upgrading the Windows agent
Consider the following before upgrading the Windows agent:
- On update of the agent for the first time, backup may fail until the pairing completes successfully (this can take up to two hours).
- Image-level backups – If upgrading from a pre-10.6.3 agent release, the asset's next Windows image-level backup is promoted to a full.
- The Windows agent does not require rebooting after updating, as of version 10.6.1. A reboot is required if you upgrade from an agent before 10.6.1.
The table below lists fixes included in this release. Unless stated otherwise, you can apply each fix by simply upgrading your appliance.
|APC UPS for
During a power outage, the Unitrends Recovery Series appliance needs to be shutdown cleanly.
CentOS 6 to
|Hyper-V host-level backups||