This document describes new features and fixes introduced in the 10.6.5 release. For upgrade instructions and considerations, reference the Upgrade Guide for Recovery Series, Recovery MAX, ION/ION+, and Unitrends Backup.
This release includes updated Windows core and bare metal agents. The 10.6.4 core agent is recommended for all Windows assets and is required for the Windows fixes in this release.
Security changes for Google mail
As of May 30, 2022, Google no longer supports the use of third-party apps or devices which ask you to sign in to your Google Account using only your username and password (for details, see Less secure apps & your Google Account). To use Gmail as an SMTP relay for appliance email reporting, you must:
- Create an application password for the Unitrends appliance in the Google Account:
– Access the Google account and go to Manage Google Account > Security > App passwords.
– From the Select app list, select Other (Custom name). Enter a custom name (e.g., Unitrends).
– Click Generate. The Google app password is generated and displays on the Generated app password page.
- On the Email tab of the Unitrends Edit Appliance dialog, check Server requires credentials and enter the Google username and the 16-digit, Google-generated app password. (For details, see To configure email reporting in the Administrator Guide for Recovery Series, Recovery MAX, ION/ION+, and Unitrends Backup.)
Resolved an issue that caused some newer Recovery Archive models to display as eSATA on the Configure > Appliances > Backup Copy Targets tab. These models now display as Recovery Archive.