The appliance is unable to perform software updates, and there are no conflicting active jobs.
You may have an alert (see "bell" icon at the top right of the web interface) with a message
like "Disk space usage threshold exceeded. Disk /var is 100% full (23 MB free)."
The following steps change the YUM cached directory from /var to /backups.
1. SSH to the appliance and run:
mkdir -p /backups/yumcache
2. In the yum.conf, cursor to the beginning of the [main]->cachedir line.
3. To preserve the original variable type:
4. Up arrow and cursor to the '/' that is the right of the "cachedir=" and type:
5. You should now be back at the command prompt. Retry the update via the web interface,
unitrends-cli, or other method you were attempting.
Note: Validated for KB on 1/25/2022. Used to update a CentOS7 UB appliance from 10.5.8-2 to 10.5.9-3.