Steps to perform a System Meta Data Archive and Restore for system redeployment or migration.
How to perform a System Meta Data Archive and Restore for system redeployment or migration.
Must be done in the legacy UI.
(IP of the Unitrends device)/recoveryconsole
Create System Metadata
- Create a small share on a NAS (preferred) or on a Windows unit.
- Add it as Archive Storage to the Unitrends device (see: Adding Archive Storage)
- Run an Archive Job (see: Executing Archive Jobs). Select On-demand Archive > select ONLY the Unitrends Client in the client list. Then only select Master in Backup Types. Select the storage target you created in the media field. Then select Archive to start the Archive.
- After it successfully completes the Archive, power down the system without reboot
- Power on new unit.
- From a KVM console and the IP Address.
- Once an IP has been provided, please navigate to the Unitrends UI.
- Complete the install Wizard, but DO NOT set any values. These will be placed into the system with the System Metadata restore.
- Update the unit to the latest version. The unit must be on the same version or higher to do the restore.
- Add the Archive Storage to the Unitrends device (see: Adding Archive Storage)
- Once added, proceed to do the System Metadata restore (see: System restore from archive)