Used to troubleshoot failing WinIR restores.
Need WinIR logging for troubleshooting
- (Tip - You should run these commands from within the WinIR instance. To pull up the registry, in the CMD window, type regedit, etc.)
- The process for redirecting logging to the samba share for WinIR restores is as follows:
- Create the WinIR machine in the Unitrends UI.
- After the machine is created, but before the first restore, stop tasker.
- Via VNC, add the samba share as a mount in the WinIR instance-
net use k: \\DPU IP\samba\specific_directory.
example: net use k: \\192.168.53.1\samba\test
- Prep the remote directory:
xcopy /s/e *.* k:\pcbp
- Edit the master.ini on K: and change the wbps log level to log level 3.
- Change BPDIR in the WinIR instance registry to:
Z:\PCBP => K:\PCBP
- Start tasker to let restores proceed.
At this point, your logging for the restores should now be in the specified samba directory.