Email is no longer be received or sent after migrating from CentOS 5 to CentOS 6
After migrating from CentOS 5 to CentOS 6, email reports are no longer being sent.
- Start the sendmail service to support the sending of email reports.
# service sendmail restart
Shutting down sendmail: [FAILED] Starting sendmail: [ OK ] Starting sm-client: [ OK ]
- Verify that sendmail is being started on an initial boot or after a reboot.
# chkconfig --list |grep sendmail
- If sendmail is set to off at all init level (boot levels run in numbered sequence), sendmail still needs to be configured to start at boot time.
# chkconfig --list |grep sendmail sendmail 0:off 1:off 2:off 3:off 4:off 5:off 6:off
- Configure sendmail to start at boot time.
# chkconfig sendmail on
- Verify that sendmail is started at boot time.
# chkconfig --list |grep sendmail sendmail 0:off 1:off 2:on 3:on 4:on 5:on 6:off
The sendmail service is upgraded during the CentOS migration and it some situations is not set to start properly at boot time.