Removing a drive
- Follow the safety guidelines listed in Safety instructions.
- Reference this Dell R240 video for detailed instructions: https://www.dell.com/support/contents/en-ag/videos/videoplayer/poweredge-r240-removeinstall-cold-swap-hard-drive-and-carrier/6079793985001
Step 1: Shutdown appliance via the UI
Step 2: Remove cover:
- Remove the front bezel.
Step 3: Remove then replace disk
- Open the case cover
- Identify drive, remove SATA cable from the back
- Press down on the release tab, push the drive out the front
- Replace new drive into drive carrier
- Push drive carrier back in until release tab clicks
- Plug in SATA cable
Step 4: Reconnect bezel on appliance and power on
- Reinstall front bezel
- Press power button to restart appliance.
Step 5: Rebuild disk into raid
- Notify support that the drive is replaced for support to start rebuild of disk.
This model line currently does not auto-rebuild the disk on detection.