SharePoint 2007/2010/2013/2016 backup failed when user has not been granted the requested logon as service.
SharePoint 2007/2010/2013/2016 backup fails when user has not been granted the requested logon as service.
Sharepoint backup is failing with summary output as follows:
Application: SharePoint Operation: SharePoint Full Reference Log: /usr/bp/logs.dir/rae-109.log Command Failed: Verifying SharePoint User Credentials ----- Client Messages ----- User account credentials are not valid (SQLTEST\user1): - Returned HRESULT = 0x80070569 - Error text: Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer. ----- End Client Messages -----
- Select Control Panel > Administrative Tools
- Select Local Security Policy > Local Policies > User Rights Assignment.
- Right-click Log on as a service and select Security or Properties.
- Click Add to add the account on which the Executive Viewer service is running on.
- For a domain account the Domain Security Policy has to be adjusted.
SharePoint account name and password were set up correctly and account is a member a local administrator group, however account does not have the user rights assignment ‘Log on as a Service’.
For more detailed information on backup failures and performance issues see Unitrends KB 5062 - Backup Failures and Performance Issues