To restore backed-up Team Drives data, please follow these steps:
- Log into your Spanning Backup for Google Workspace account.
- Go to Users list from left side menu. Select the user account that has the Manager or Content Manager role on the Team Drive that you want to restore data for, and use 'Impersonate' action.
- Click Restore.
- Click the Drive tab to see all backed-up Google Drive data for this user.
- Using the Calendar date selector, choose the backup date that you would like to restore data from.
- Click the Team Drives folder to display all backed-up Team Drives for which this user has the Manager or Content Manager. You can search for the files you would like to restore using the search bar, or by browsing the displayed backed-up items. You can click the Calendar icon next to a particular file to view all the versions of this file that have ever been backed up.
- Select the items to restore. and click the Restore button.
- (Optional) Check the To restore sharing shettings box to restore the sharing settings with the data.
- Click Done to start the restore.
The Team Drives data is restored into the source Team Drive, in a newly created Restored folder. If that Team Drive no longer exists in the user’s account, Spanning recreates the Team Drive.
When the restore is complete, you will be able to see your restored data in the Team Drives in Google Drive.
Please note that Team Drives data cannot be restored from one user to another user’s account since Team Drives data is not owned by a specific user.