There are some known limitations for the initial release of the Fusion Mobile App for Android and iOS.
- The Fusion mobile app v1.0 does not support built-in MFA for VSA (built-in MFA for BMS is supported as of v1.2.0).
- If your VSA user account is configured for MFA, you can still log in to the app, but you will not be prompted for MFA.
Kaseya is currently working towards Multi-Factor Authentication for VSA Mobile. We will provide frequent updates to this knowledge-base article on progress.
Passly with VSA
- Passly authentication is currently not supported by VSA Mobile. We are currently working towards enabling and supporting all forms of MFA within VSA Fusion.
- If your VSA is configured with Passly, you must whitelist your user account in order to login to the app.
Passly with BMS (must use SAML SSO)
- Passly authentication is not supported for BMS.
- Passly authentication is configured via BMS > Admin > My Company > Authentication > Authenticator > Enable AuthAnvil Authentication.
- If your BMS instance is configured with Passly authentication, you are encouraged to switch to SAML SSO with AuthAnvil.
- Going forward, SAML SSO will be the preferred method to integrate BMS with Passly, and there are no plans to support the legacy AuthAnvil authentication mode with the mobile app.
SAML SSO with BMS
- For BMS, SAML SSO authentication is fully supported.
- Using SAML SSO, you can enforce MFA via your Identity Provider (such as AuthAnvil, Azure AD, Okta, etc.)