This document describes enhancements and fixes introduced in the 10.7.9 release. For upgrade instructions and considerations, reference the Upgrade Guide for Recovery Series, Recovery MAX, ION/ION+, and Unitrends Backup.
Rebooting the Unitrends appliance is recommended upon upgrading to this release.
Re-pairing of Windows and Linux agents
You can now use the Re-Pair button on the Configure > Protected Assets tab to establish a secure pairing between the asset and its appliance.
Re-pairing requires the asset to be in pairing mode. The 10.7.9 Windows agent includes an agent pairing utility you can use to enable pairing mode for a specified amount of time, known as the pairing window. For Linux assets, you can use the instructions in the Unitrends Agent Pairing - Linux KB article to enable pairing mode.
After enabling pairing mode on the asset, use the Re-Pair button to:
- Add the asset to a Unitrends appliance. (For example, use to add the asset to one or more appliances after the initial 25-hour pairing window has closed.)
- Re-establish pairing between the asset and the appliance. (For example, use if the asset's pairing status changed to Failed due to an error condition.)
- Establish pairing between the asset and the appliance after upgrading the agent from an older version that did not support pairing.
For detailed requirements and procedures, see Secure agent pairing for Windows and Linux agents in the Administrator Guide for Recovery Series, Recovery MAX, ION/ION+, and Unitrends Backup.
Copy backups to your Azure environment
Addressing customer requests, we now support copying backups to Azure blob storage. This addition provides greater flexibility in choosing cloud storage solutions to suit diverse needs. Simply add the Azure Blob storage container to your Unitrends appliance as a backup copy target, then add a job to copy backups to this container. For detailed requirements and procedures, see Adding a third-party cloud backup copy target in the Administrator Guide for Recovery Series, Recovery MAX, ION/ION+, and Unitrends Backup.
Service update for backup copy to third-party cloud targets
This release includes a new backup copy format that supports Azure and more resilient S3:
- Enhanced format for new S3 buckets – Beginning in Unitrends release 10.7.9, newly created S3 buckets will automatically adopt an improved format. This new approach enhances resilience, especially in handling service disruptions, ensuring more reliable data management.
- No changes to existing S3 buckets – Existing S3 buckets remain unchanged, ensuring continuous operation with the bucket's existing backup copy format and no loss of retention. No user action is required for these buckets.
Applied appliance security updates.
This release includes an updated Windows agent. The 10.7.9 agent is recommended for most 64-bit Windows assets.