This document describes new features and fixes introduced in the 10.7.4 release. For upgrade instructions and considerations, reference the Upgrade Guide for Recovery Series, Recovery MAX, ION/ION+, and Unitrends Backup.
Rebooting the Unitrends appliance is recommended upon upgrading to this release.
Nutanix AHV 6.5 – This release adds support for Nutanix AHV hypervisor version 6.5. You can now:
- Deploy a Unitrends Backup virtual appliance to AHV 6.5.
- Protect virtual machines that reside on an AHV 6.5 hypervisor by running host-level backups.
This release includes updated Windows core and bare metal agents. The 10.7.4 core agent is recommended for most 64-bit Windows assets is required for Windows fixes in this release.
Consider the following before upgrading the Windows agent:
For additional agent requirements, see Installing or upgrading the Windows agent in the Upgrade Guide for Recovery Series, Recovery MAX, ION/ION+, and Unitrends Backup.
Beginning in Windows agent release 10.6.6, a secure pairing is automatically established between the appliance and the Windows agent on each of its protected assets. This pairing enables Transport Layer Security (TLS) to encrypt data and authenticate connections between appliances and agents. Communication between appliances and agents is only allowed if there is a matching (paired) certificate.
- If upgrading from a pre-10.6.9 agent release, backups may fail until the pairing completes successfully (this can take up to two hours).
- To protect Hyper-V clusters, SQL clusters, or file server clusters with the secure agent pairing feature:
- The cluster must be running agent version 10.6.9 or higher.
- The Unitrends appliance and cluster must be running in the same time zone.
The table below lists fixes included in this release. Unless stated otherwise, you can apply each fix by simply upgrading your appliance.
|On-appliance recovery networking||
|Windows and VM
|Windows secure agent pairing||