What is happening?
We will end of life the Spanning Backup for Google Workspace Reseller Console on June 30th, 2023
For many customers and partners that are managing the backups of multiple Google Workspace Domains, the Reseller Console has been a familiar feature. This interface allows users to:
- View high level information about an organization's backup status.
- The ability to SSO into an org to directly manage it.
While this capability was very powerful it also had numerous limitations including but not limited to:
- Requiring a dedicated Google Workspace Domain and Spanning Backup Subscription to access the console's functions.
- The console is tied to domains in one data center region only and cannot support multiple regions.
- Lacked flexibility in being able to dynamically allocate licenses and reduce licenses on demand and between domains.
- Legacy UI technology
Effectively immediately this console will no longer receive feature updates or bug fixes. All new capabilities and bug fixes will be in the new experience.
If you have not already done so all customers are eligible to opt in to a FREE upgrade to our new UniView or VSA powered reseller experience. This new and updated experience includes a modern UI as well as the ability to:
- Manage all Spanning Products through a single console (Microsoft 365, Google Workspace, and Salesforce)
- Easily self-service additional licenses
- Easily transfer licenses between managed domains
- Manage domains in multiple datacenter regions in a single console.
- Gain access to additional backup modules for endpoint protection- appliance, virtual, or Azure backup.
- Gain access to a suite of solutions part of the KaseyaOne IT Complete family.
- Manage your customers, support tickets, and account information from a single console.
Who is affected?
This only impacts customers using the Spanning Backup for Google Workspace Console in the United States and EU data center regions.
APAC, UK, and Canada customers are already on the newest platform.
Does this cost anything?
No! This is part of our ongoing efforts to provide our customers with best-in-class features and experiences. The portal is a FREE upgrade available to all Spanning Backup customers and partners.
What do I need to do?
Contact support or your account manager. We will guide you through this process.
UK: +44 800 048 8847
What happens if I don't?
You will lose the ability to manage domains and SSO into them until you are migrated to the new portal. You will not be able to take advantage of any of the new features of the portal.
Does this affect my backups in anyway?
No. This only impacts the reseller console. However, if any Spanning Backup for Google Workspace subscriptions expire and remain expired for 30 days, the data for those organizations would be reaped as part of our standard policy. To ensure all organizations are on a correct and active subscription, please migrant to the latest portal as soon as possible.