FIRST: Prior to creating a backup copy job, the local source appliance must be connected to the offsite target or Cloud target.
To add a Unitrends Cloud backup copy target
1 On the Configure > Appliances page, select your appliance.
2 Click the Backup Copy Targets tab.
3 Select Add Target > Unitrends > Unitrends Cloud.
4 Enter your Unitrends Cloud license string in the text box and click Submit.
5 Final configuration steps take place in the background and can take up to 15 minutes to complete. When complete:
• A Unitrends Cloud device has been added as a backup copy target.
• The Unitrends appliance name has been modified to include an additional 12 characters, required to uniquely identify this appliance in the Unitrends Cloud.
6 Fine-tune settings as described in Return to the source backup appliance and fine-tune settings by adjusting connection options.
To create a backup copy job for a Unitrends Cloud target
Use this procedure to copy backups to the Unitrends Cloud.
Note: A given asset can be included in only one job per backup copy target.
1 Log in to the source backup appliance.
2 Click Jobs > Active Jobs > Create job > Backup Copy.
3 Enter a unique Job Name.
4 In the Inventory tree, check boxes to select assets whose backups will be copied.
• To locate an asset by name, use the Search field below.
• Expand the tree as necessary to select VMs and applications.
• Select a virtual host to select all of its VM assets.
• Select an application instance to select all of its databases or storage groups.
5 Click Next.
6 Select Unitrends Cloud in the Backup Copy Target list.
7 Click Save.
For more granular configuration details or hot copy jobs to other targets, see Creating backup copy jobs from the Administrator's Guide.