Emails may be configured on the Unitrends appliance to come from a non-existent domain. The generic domain setting may cause emails to be rejected or caught in a SPAM filter.
This article will summarize how to change the domain, as well as, how to change the 'from' sender address in the Unitrends sendmail configuration.
- Use an SSH client such as PuTTY to access the Unitrends system at the command line level. Note: Ensure you have the OS password to access the Unitrends system’s command line. The OS password may differ from the password used to access the User Interface.
- Determine if the from email address is already configured by running the bputil -g command as follows.
# bputil -g Reports ReportFrom -1 master.ini
- If "-1" is returned by this command, the email from address has not been configured.
- However, if you do receive a from email address as seen in step 4, skip to the next section on how to change the email from address within the UI.
# bputil -p Reports ReportFrom firstname.lastname@example.org /usr/bp/bpinit/master.ini
# bputil -g Reports ReportFrom -1 /usr/bp/bpinit/master.ini
How to change the Email from address from with UI.
(These steps require that the "ReportFrom" field has been added above or already exist).
- Navigate in the UI to Configure> <Select your Unitrends appliance> Edit Appliance> Advanced> General Configuration.
- Use the Section and Name filters to filter down to the 'Reports' section and the ReportFrom 'Name'.
- Select the entry by clicking on the Value shown. This will bring forth the Edit Settings menu in which you can configure you preferred from email address.
- Save your email from settings, then close out of the General Configuration menu.
- Now, select the Email tab and Send a Test Email. If you do not receive the test email you can also have the appliance generate its daily reports again with the command /usr/bp/bin/genreports.php this will send reports only to those configured with the APPLIANCE report checked in the view below: