Registration and Activation of Unitrends RecoveryOS. (If necessary, preventing pop-up blocker for activation window.)
How to register an appliance and obtain a new License (with or without the Internet)?
- In order to receive support from Unitrends and to trial your product, you must Register your appliance.
- In order to receive the final license which includes registering it to your paid support contract, you must Activate your appliance.
- If your appliance does not have access to the Internet. access (Air Gap), special instructions are provided and must be provided with your Support Case.
Once you have downloaded and deployed your Unitrends appliance, you will need to register/activate it to gain access to downloads, updates, and our award-winning Technical Support services.
The Unitrends System has access to the Internet:
If you want to make your registration virtually flawless:
- Register the Unitrends Appliance.
- If you have already purchased your license, you can also select "Activate My Purchase" and enter the Activation Code.
Licenses are processed within one business day however you are covered under your trial license for 30 days.
To Register your Unitrends Backup using the new HTML5 Web Administrative Interface:
- Click on CONFIGURE
- Click on Appliances tab, and click on the Asset you want to register.
- Click on Edit. This opens a new dialogue box
- Click on License.
- Click on the Update button which will open a new page to the Licensing portal.
If you have not done so yet, select Start My Free Trial and complete the online form. This will get your Unitrends Asset into our system. This is good until you receive your Activation Code and can activate your full license. It also gives you access to all Unitrends Support options for 30 days.
Once you receive your Activation code from your UniRep (Unitrends Representative), follow the process above, but then click Activate My Purchase. Enter your email address and the Activation Code you received.
No Internet? No problem!
If you do not have Internet Access, please document the following information and email it to email@example.com to obtain a license.
Note: For all troubleshooting issues, please tell us how we can help through the chat button in the bottom-right of the screen.
- Click on the ? symbol.
- Select About
Provide to use the following
- The Hostname
- The Asset Tag of the system
- The MAC Address
- The Activation Code (provided to you in an email by Sales or Onboarding).
ALTERNATIVE SSH Command Line Options
You can execute the following to get this information that you can then copy and paste into the case or email to support:
clear; lmmgr -info /usr/bp/bin/tasker|grep "Tag\|Host:\|ID\|Feat\|Key"; dpu version
Output look like this:
License Management Routines: Version 2.11 Copyright(c) 1995-97 Unitrends Software Corp. Feature: ENTRB,MUX=10,VC=102400G,RC=102400G,D2D=INF,ENC,ADX,NDMP=0,MKT=4 Daemon Host: VMware-UB Daemon Host-ID: 005569912765 License Key: c73399f7895bf1d5ac761d7545b2720f69876d14 Asset Tag: 56785ad2-dc55-4b03-a7f2-3f0d999f0571 Unitrends' DPU Kernel 2.6.32-754.15.3.el6.x86_64 Version 10.4.5-1.202005132012.CentOS6 Installed on Tue 19 May 2020 08:03:48 PM BST