Frequently Asked Questions about Authentication and Security
Where can I find the latest information about Unitrends response to Linux vulnerabilities?
- For a description of how to set security levels and the ports opened at each level, see this section of the admin guide and KB 3793.
- The Unitrends appliance comes configured with two accounts named root; one for the operating system and one for the user interface (HTML5 /ui/ Web Administrative Interface). It is recommended that these two passwords be set to different, using complex strings. In the event that you need to reset either of these passwords, refer to these knowledge base articles:
How do I reset the root password?
- Please see Password Reset: How to reset the root password of the Web Administrative Interface on your Unitrends system.
- To reset the Operating System root password, see How to Change your OS Root Password.
- Please follow these instructions in "About Active Directory authentication" section of the Administrator Guide for Recovery Series and Unitrends Backup.