Information on how to find the asset tag in the user interface or via the command line.
The Asset Tags for a physical system (Recovery-Series) has a different pattern than that of a virtual appliance.
The Asset Tag for Unitrends Backup virtual appliance is a 32 digit hexadecimal number.
The Asset Tag for a Recovery-Series physical appliance is an 11 to 13 digit number in the format XXX-XXX-XXXXX, XXXS-XXX-XXXXX, XXXXS-XXX-XXXX
Example 1: 713-105-50026
Example 2: 936S-106-50199
Example 3: 8120S-105-76789
To obtain your asset tag and application version:
From the Administrative Interface
- From the UI: Click the question mark symbol, then click
- From the Command Line Interface of any Unitrends RecoveryOS based system
- Open a SSH (PuTTY) connection to your appliance.
- Log in using the username of root.
- Run ‘dpu asset; dpu version’ from the command line of the system.
Warning: Unitrends highly recommends against using any form of the string 'unitrend' in any password. Any password containing this phrase, in either the UI or OS, should be changed immediately. See also Password Reset: How to reset the root password of the Web Administrative Interface on your Unitrends system.