Network share access error is displayed while trying to connect to the Samba share
- Windows-based Exchange backup tools provided for Exchange 2000 and 2003R2 Exchange databases on Microsoft Windows 2003 Servers. Note: Microsoft ended support for all versions of Exchange 2003 on 4/8/2014, and all versions of Exchange 2000 on 1/1/2011.
- For VSS backups of Exchange 2007 and later, see the Microsoft Exchange Server protection chapter in the Unitrends Enterprise Backup 8.0 User manual or the “Exchange backup requirements and considerations” section of the 9.0 Administrators guide.
ResolutionVerify that permissions have been assigned to connect to Samba on the appliance. Perform the following steps:
- Check the samba status by typing the following command:
- Check the samba configurations file to check if the backup system and client have an entry in the allow hosts field of the Samba section in the smb.conf file:
- Restart the samba services. In the Legacy UI, go to Settings > System Updates and Licensing > Support Toolbox > Samba Status to check the current status or use the Samba On/Off toggle button in the same location to torn off or turn on the service.
Note: Verifies are not supported in the legacy Exchange agent, and do not run if configured.